Prospective students are those who are trying to decide whether or when to apply, or those who have applied and are waiting to hear a decision. We provide centralized academic advising services for prospective transfer students to facilitate a successful transition to UW-Madison. We can help you:
- Discover how your academic interests fit into the degree options at UW-Madison.
- Understand UW-Madison’s degree requirements.
- Understand how courses at your current institution might map onto UW-Madison’s curriculum.
- Understand the transfer process as a whole and become familiar with relevant deadlines.
- Navigate resources and services to make a successful transition to UW-Madison.
- Connect to the campus community.
We offer individual, hour-long appointments with Tracy Mores or Leanne Chan, our transfer transition advisors, from Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. via phone, Skype, or in person. The Transfer Transition Program is located within the Center for the First-Year Experience at 155 William S Middleton Building, 1305 Linden Dr.
You can schedule an appointment with one of our advisors at go.wisc.edu/trfappointment. Appointments must be scheduled at least four hours in advance. At this time, we are not able to accept walk-in appointments.
If you don’t have immediate access to a computer, you can also call us at 608-890-4690 and one of our front desk staff can help you schedule.
Newly Admitted Students
Academic advising, course selection, and enrollment for admitted students takes place at our Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration Program (SOAR). SOAR takes place during the break before your term of admission begins. In order to register for a SOAR date, you must first accept your offer of admission in your Student Center. You will then receive an email inviting you to register. Please note that if you have been told by the Office of Admissions that you need to take a placement test, you must register for that placement test before you register for SOAR, and have your test date ready when you enter the SOAR registration system.