Transfer student coordinators (TSCs) are current UW-Madison students who have been through the transfer process before. TSCs can meet with you at any point in your transition such as before you transfer, once you’ve been accepted, and after you’ve enrolled. Transfer student coordinators are not professional advisors, and have limits on advising around degree pathways, course recommendations, and more. See what transfer student coordinators can and cannot answer during an appointment in the accordion panel to the right.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Transfer student coordinators are current students at UW-Madison who transferred from other institutions.
- help you navigate resources available to you as a prospective, admitted, or enrolled transfer student.
- give referrals to specific offices or people on campus who can guide you through detailed processes.
- connect you to to involvement opportunities on campus.
- explain campus culture and ways to make your transition to campus feel smoother.
Should I meet with a TSC or a Professional?
Transfer student coordinators are not professional advisors, and have limits on advising students.
Transfer student coordinators CANNOT give advice about degree pathways and requirements, course recommendations to prepare for transfer, and how courses you’ve taken could apply to a degree pathway at UW-Madison.
If you are looking for the following services, you should connect with a professional pre-transfer advisor:
- Degree requirements, including general education & breadth requirements
- How the courses you’ve already taken might apply to your UW degree
- Course selection in preparation for transfer
What online platforms do you use to meet?
Each transfer student coordinator uses a variety of online platforms to connect with students. See some examples below, but know that not every transfer student coordinator uses all of the platforms listed below.
|Black Board Collaborate||Teams|
Now including Zoom!
I just have a quick question...
For quick questions, please contact us by phone: (608) 890-4690 or email: email@example.com.
Please fill out the form below or click here to meet with a transfer student coordinator:
Winter Break Scheduling
- Due to winter break, you are unable to schedule directly with a TSC.
- If you would like to meet with a transfer student coordinator that you know or have met with before, please indicate that in the google form on the left.
- Otherwise, we will get you connected to whoever is available during your indicated times.
We are able to meet with you via Zoom, Teams, Facetime or Google Duo, Google Meets, WeChat, Whatsapp, Facebook, or Instagram.